Things to Do on the South Coast NSW
SOUTH COAST WALKS
WHALE WATCHING AND FISHING
SOUTH COAST GOLF COURSES
Golf is the most popular sporting activity in the world. If you are looking for South Coast NSW golf courses, then here is a list of the best golf courses on the NSW South Coast.
A STEP BACK IN TIME - MUSEUMS
FUN IN THE SUN- CYCLING ROUTES
There are lots of fabulous cycling routes on the south coast of NSW. Here are some suggestions:
- Kiama - A variety of cycleways to suit every level, designated bike paths and lanes, shared paths, on road & off road options
- Berry - Circuit - Sealed road through gentle countryside to Seven Mile Beach's national Park, picnic area and surf
- Berry - One-Way - Back Roads and main roads with valley scenery, and passing some popular attractions including wineries.
- Berry - One-Way - A hill-climb challenge for the experienced rider, with rewards of excellent views and fast descents.
- Kangaroo Valley Circuit - Explore the rural landscapes of upper Kangaroo Valley, following a beautiful river, with swimming holes. Extension to end of road becomes medium MTB.
- Kangaroo Valley One-Way - The Mount Scanzi Road through Bugong Gap offers variety and some steep terrain. No services between ends. Return ride is also MH.
- Fitzroy Falls– One-Way - A classic MTB ride, Meryla Pass is down, but there is a demanding climb back out to Jacks Corner. Most of the route is closed to motor vehicles.
- Nowra – Circuit - Following the Shoalhaven River through farmland, small settlements and ferry to the Nature Reserve of Comerong Island - an excellent introductory ride.
- North Nowra – Circuit - After the cycle-path and sealed roads, the gradients and road conditions become more difficult towards the river lookouts - features a winery on the home run.
- South Nowra - Circuit - Coastal forest route to Jervis Bay which requires careful map reading. Some rough surfaces but the Bay justifies the bumps.
- South Nowra – Circuit - An accessible ride, offering forest trails, cycle-path and sealed roads, with exceptional views of the coastal plain, naval air base and Aviation Museum.
- South Nowra – Circuit - A taste of off-road for all the family through Shoalhaven Forest, accessible by cycle friendly roads and dedicated paths.
- Nowra – Circuit - A relatively easy excursion into the bush west of Nowra, with broad views over Shoalhaven River.
- Nowra– Circuit - Getting away from most human activity into the bush on the escarpment west of Nowra, returning beside the Shoalhaven River.
- Nowra- One-Way -To Huskisson - the southern gateway to Jervis Bay to visit exceptional natural areas, historic sites and places to indulge yourself. Be tempted to stay a while.
- Huskisson– Circuit - The Bay-Basin cycle path features in this ride, with great views over Jervis Bay and St Georges Basin, and back-country links to the start.
- Huskisson – Circuit - A leisurely couple of hours to access beautiful beaches facing north across Jervis Bay, to swim or just relax.
- Booderee NP – Circuit - Immerse yourself in the original bushland of the peninsula, with wild flowers and vistas to make the stops memorable. Check tides for the beach section.
Enjoy surfing? Looking for a great surfing vacation? The South Coast of NSW contains some of the best surfing locations in the world.
Short-boarders and body-boarders chasing the buzz of an intense reef break or big “spitting” beach barrel can paddle out into world-renowned waves such as:
Beginners and the more laid-back long-boarder will love the classic peeling lines and limitless space here:
- Seven Mile Beach (Gerroa) ... and keep a look out for the amazing “aqua-batics” of Gerroa’s ever growing Kite Surfer population.